Sunday, August 9, 2009

Confessions of a Peanut Butter Junkie

www.tips-fb.com


Greetings and saluations my friends! It is with great regret that I am forced to ban my good friend, Peanut Butter, from my household. I truly love him with all of my heart, and I know that in moderation he is high in protein, low in carbs, and contains 'good' fats. Sadly, my relationship with my Peanut Butter friend, and all of his cousins, the 'other' butters (i.e. Almond Butter, with whom my relationship was even more reckless) is one that I simply must give up. Goodbye my friend...I hope one day our relationship can be one that does not focus on obsession and gluttony.

On a serious note, I know there's a lot of us out there that simply crave certain foods, and time after time, we submit to our cravings too often. Such is the case with me and peanut, almond, and cashew butter. I simply love them. I love them so much that I can put it on celery, in protein shakes, on pretzels, or just eat it straight out of the jar with a spoon, fork, or even a serated knife. In moderation, the 'butters' are great snacks, but when you keep traipsing back into the kitchen for just 'one more spoonful,' something's got to give.

While allowing yourself an indulgence from time to time isn't a bad thing, daily indulgence can wreck your progress towards your goals. If you're like me, and you simply cannot walk past the peanut butter in the cupboard, you've got a choice to make: 1. Get some SERIOUS willpower, 2. Wreck your diet for the day, or 3. Get the food out of your house. I have zero willpower around peanut butter (none, zilch, nada, the big goose egg), I've added too many servings of PB into my diet on too many days, so it's just got to go. It is my goal that with more time, I'll get my Peanut Butter obsession in check. But until then, the temptation won't be there because I just refuse to ruin the hard work I've invested into myself.

Got questions or comments? Send me an e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment