Friday, May 29, 2009

The Power of Two

www.tips-fb.com

Greetings and saluations my friends. I've had a lot of people ask me lately about staying motivated, and how I stay motivated to keep working out every day. The answer to this isn't always easy...there are certain things in my life that I enjoy, that make me feel powerful and strong, and doing them is a no-brainer to me. Working out is simply one of those things. At the end of a workout, I get great satisfaction in knowing that I just invested in my health, and that working out again the next day will simply be an even better investment in myself. It's my own personal sweat equity in me. Today I did P90X's Chest and Back for the first time...and let me tell you, I was grunting and groaning and cursing Tony Horton out during that second set of Dive Bomber push-ups, but after it was all over, I was pretty darned proud of myself, too. It's that satisfaction that makes me want to come back for more tomorrow.
That said, the deck you see above has been one of those things that I've been promising to take care of for the past 18 months (seriously, I DESPISE home improvement projects and will do anything to get out of doing them). It's been awhile since it was stained and treated, and the poor thing was starting to look pretty ratty, and you certainly didn't want to go out on it in bare feet. But I just kept putting it off and putting it off. Well, that ended today because my mom, Marilyn, is in town, and when you mention something to Marilyn about a project that needs to get done, I assure you, it WILL get done.
Mom arrived at my house this morning at 8:00 a.m. ready for battle with the deck. She gave me time to work out while she had her morning Diet Coke (I know, I know, but she drank TAB when she was pregnant with me, so Diet Coke is probably a step up) and then it was time to work. And you know what? Even though it took us 3 hours to get the project done together we had a great time. Even at hour 2:20 when I was ready to call it a day, mom pushed for more and insisted that I touch up about 40 more places. Upon finishing, I look at my now beautiful deck with a sense of pride and accomplishment, something that I couldn't have done had mom not been there for me today. She was a tremendous help to me, not only because she picked up a paint brush, too, but because oftentimes those things that we just don't want to do, are much more doable when we have support.
So don't think you're alone in your battle for improved fitness. If you don't have a friend to workout with, sign up for a free account on my coaching page and then you can access WOWY, the Beachbody online supergym where you can find others with whom you can become accountable. Also, you'll also have little old me to help you along the way whenever you need it, because I know that there is more power in two than there ever will be in one alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment